Our Rockland County NY client, a local tax company is searching for an Entry-Level Tax Preparer to work with the owner during tax season.
Or please call Audrey at 845-507-0441
The tax preparer will be performing the following:
• Prepare individual income tax returns
• Identify potential tax credits and liabilities
• Ensure accurate and complete returns are filed in a timely manner
• Complete tax forms in accordance with policies and in compliance with legislation and regulations
• Prepare simple to complex individual returns
• Compute taxes owed by following the tax code
• Uncover potential deductions and credits
• Verify totals on past forms for accuracy
• Prepare tax returns using Drake Software-training available
• Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer
• Be able to research when faced with a difficult tax return
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently, and have excellent time management skills.
This position is a very flexible part–time schedule.